Knowing the name behind the stats often obfuscates the real value, or lack thereof, in that player. "Oh that guy? That was just a fluke." or "I love that guy, he had a huge season back in 2013. Won me a ship." So we're going to take a look at NFL player profiles without the name attached, because it's not really the name that matters. See if you can guess the player I'm detailing. Feel free to suggest my next profile in the comments!
- #1 in catch rate at my position in 2017
- Career average 11.1 yds/rec
- 99th percentile SPARQ score
- 2 seasons in career with 100+ targets
- 10 receiving TDs in last 3 seasons
- Team was dead last in NFL at targeting my position in 2017
- 3 players on my team (not necessarily excluding myself) are being drafted top 10 at their position
- 47% of all team targets distributed to two players in 2017
- My QB has been top 3 in completion % since I've played here
The Fantasy Relevance
- Finished top 12 at my posiition 2 of last 3 seasons
- If you take where I finished at my position in my last two seasons of play and add those numbers together, that's now where I'm being drafted at my position (e.g. If I finished 2nd and 4th I'm being drafted 6th)
- 2nd in targets, receptions and TDs my last full season with my team
- I'm not a popular asset in dynasty leagues
Do you know who I am yet? Have a second look if you need to and don't cheat! When you're ready, you can reveal the write-up below.