Fantasy football is a tricky game to play. Knowing the name behind the stats often obfuscates the real value, or lack thereof, in that player. "Oh that guy? That was just a fluke." or "I love that guy, he had a huge season back in 2013. Won me a ship." So we're going to take a look at NFL player profiles without the name attached, because it's not really the name that matters. All stats referenced are PPR and from 2017 unless otherwise specified. See if you can guess the player I'm detailing. Feel free to suggest my next profile in the comments!
- 4.3 career YPC
- > 30 rec/season over career w/ 80% catch rate
- 97th percentile 40-yd dash and speed scores
- 15+ touches in 13 games
- RB25 in evaded tackles, RB15 in RZ attempts
- Had 53% of team carries
- Team 10th in carries/gm
- Starting QB had > 2:1 TD:INT ratio
- Two teammates being drafted top 5 at their position
The Fantasy Relevance
- Being drafted 10 positional spots lower than my finish last season
- 50% of finishes were RB2 or better, 25% were outside of top 36 RBs
- ADP has risen nearly a full round since May
Do you know who I am yet? Have a second look if you need to and don't cheat! When you're ready, please vote on the poll and then you can view the write-up below.