Bias is prevalent in the fantasy football industry. Whether it be recency bias, a hatred for a particular team or a distaste for a player's actions off the field. We develop these characterizations of players from what we think we know about them. More often than not, our evaluations are inaccurate because of these biases. We're too quick to jump to conclusions without taking the time to look into the facts. So what I plan to do is go beyond these biases and focus on the numbers. At the end of the day it's not the name on the jersey that matters. It's what the box score shows. Below I will outline the analytical profile of one nameless player. Let's see if you can guess who I'm talking about.
- Only 1 game missed in career
- Nearly 16 yds/rec in 2017
- Career average 8 yds/rush att
- 10/13 career TDs came from outside the RZ
- 90th percentile SPARQ and 98th percentile 40-yd dash
- 19 RZ opportunities last two seasons
- Team was 30th in usage at my position in both 2016/2017
- Two players on my team being drafted top 10 at their position
- Two major changes made to my offense since last season
The Fantasy Relevance
- 72% career catch rate
- 4 career KR/PR TDs
- I'm being drafted 6 spots later than where I finished last season at my position
Do you know who I am yet? Have a second look if you need to and don't cheat! When you're ready, please vote on the poll and then you can view the write-up below.