Community Rules: Ask a question? Answer a question!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

__KJ__

Dale Sveum screws over Matt Garza's fantasy owners and Cubs fans

2 posts in this topic

Yes it was Garza's first start of the year coming off the DL but he had already been through three rehab assignments in the minors, and appeared to have it in cruise control Tuesday against the Pirates. Through 5 IP, allowed just one hit with three walks and no runs scored with 5 strikeouts on 82 pitches

Everyone knows that the Cubs have one of the more suspect bullpens in the league, so why on earth would they make the move so early..

The bullpen promptly gave up 5 runs in the 6th costing Garza the win, and the final was 5-4. Another excellent managerial decision

I am so pissed... cost me big time. Another inning would have given me a QS and possibly a W. Ugh! So disappointing!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    AR182
    Newest Member
    AR182

• Should I trade Shady McCoy and Dez for Julio and Mark Ingram? .5 PPR league. I know I'm taking a hit with Ingram, and Dez has big potential once Romo comes back, but I also have Forte and Melvin Gordon and there is only room for 1 RB and 1 flex. Also, I think it would be pretty  to have OBJ and Julio as my 1-2 punch at WR. Thanks in advance.
    • Ware or Langford are the obvious choices at this point. Based on the fact that he is hurt, and likely will lose his job to Jordan Howard, I'd say drop Langford. 
    • Sounds like a high ankle sprain for Langford. Avoided Achilles injury, but still may miss at least a few weeks. So he'd be the guy to drop right now.
    • I'd drop Ware or Langford for Michael.  Ware may have 1 more week and is obviously the more valuable player when getting the opportunity.  I'm not sure how severe Langford's injury is but his situation doesn't look great going forward.  I would venture to guess that becomes a heavy timeshare going forward but John Fox doesn't like rookies so when Langford is back, he may get another opportunity.  Unless Charles gets hurt, Ware is back to a limited roll.  Really tough which one to drop between those two. 
    • I'd drop Langford.  Bears are a hot mess, and Langford is even worse. Even if he returns, that is a RBBC at best, and Jordan Howard's job at worst.
    • Okay I have Christine Michael available on the waiver  i have ware , Jennings, and Langford  charles should be back this week jennings is hurt but vereen is gonna be out for the year so he should see more carries  And Langford .. well the bears are jus a hot mess who should I drop and to try and get Michael .. with Rawls out with a fracture Michael should be the workhorse now  thanks guys   
    • I'd make Pryor a higher priority claim, but def put one in on Brown just in case. Seems like he's finally starting to get over his preseason concussion. Both will be hot waiver targets this week, but more people are likely to be on Pryor. So you may have a better shot at getting Brown.
    • John Brown is also available. I forgot to put that in there. 
    • Dallas D against the 49ers seems like your best bet. And with Jamaal Charles set to come back this week, def pick up Pryor. He's proven to be a huge part of the Cleveland offense.
    • So the defenses this week are gonna be really bad. I can pick from Washington, Dallas, Buffalo, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New York Jets or Jacksonville. It's bad lol.  And then would you pick up Ware or Pryor?
    • Cobb and Tyrell Williams are my starting 2 WRs. Comes down to Marshall or Enunwa . Most of my players are going at 4pm so it'll be a tricky toss up. 
    • If it's not too late to make the move, I'd take out djAx. If you're doing really well after the 1:00 games, you can prob get away with playing Marshall. Otherwise, go enunwa.