Community Rules: Ask a question? Answer a question!

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Sveum screws over Matt Garza's fantasy owners and Cubs fans

2 posts in this topic

Yes it was Garza's first start of the year coming off the DL but he had already been through three rehab assignments in the minors, and appeared to have it in cruise control Tuesday against the Pirates. Through 5 IP, allowed just one hit with three walks and no runs scored with 5 strikeouts on 82 pitches

Everyone knows that the Cubs have one of the more suspect bullpens in the league, so why on earth would they make the move so early..

The bullpen promptly gave up 5 runs in the 6th costing Garza the win, and the final was 5-4. Another excellent managerial decision

I am so pissed... cost me big time. Another inning would have given me a QS and possibly a W. Ugh! So disappointing!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Newest Member
  • Around the community

• Thanks for posting pats.... I just looked at Benjamin's production & outside of the 1st 2 weeks, he hasn't done much.... He is averaging (ESPN scoring) 8 points over the last 3 weeks..... Jeffery is only averaging 7 points per game for the year, which is nothing great.... I like my receivers as a group better than these 2....& running backs are like gold in Fantasy.... So I think I'll just stand pat....& let people come to me if they want to trade....
    • I would definitely go for Booker. I'd be more than willing to trade both Adams and Maclin together for him. Booker is a top 10 RB1 the rest of the way in a run first offense.
    • I would go for Benjamin 
    • This is my team.... RB....Elliott, Ware, Charles, Michael, Rawls, Booker WR....Hilton, Moncrief, Edelman, Maclin, Corey Coleman I have been trying to move Michael, but haven't had much luck.... I have 1 more team left to try.... This other team has Alshon Jeffery & Kelvin Benjamin....Wouldn't mind getting either one..... A trade offer that I am thinking about is Michael & Maclin for either Jeffery or Benjamin & Chris Thompson.... Which WR should I shoot for....& do you think it is a feasible deal? Or should I just play with what I have & wait for my 2 receivers to get healthy? Thanks
    • Booker is the guy you want....Read that Denver faces teams with relatively weak run defenses.... I would definitely trade Maclin for Booker....
    • Need help! I would really like another RB, as right now I really only have Ware and Miller. If one goes out I am screwed. Plus Miller has a bye next week. One team has book L. Murray and Booker. They said they needed a running back. Would you do Maclin for one of them? You think Davante Adams instead of Maclin would work? My team is below. Thanks for the help!   Signature won't update so here is my updated team:   12 Team Standard League (Pick 10/12) QB, 2RB, 2WR, FLEX, TE, K, DEF QB: Jameis Winston, Philip Rivers RB: Lamar Miller, Spencer Ware, Theo Riddick, Jerick McKinnon WR: Brandin Cooks, T.Y. Hilton, Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Davante Adams TE:: Jack Doyle, Zack Miller K: Mason Crosby DEF: Titans
    • If you can afford to possibly be without him for a week or two, then yes I'd say he's worth it 
    • So is it safe to get McCoy right now for those two guys even with McCoy out?
    • I think you have to go with the Pats defense against a beat up BUF squad. Should be a defensive game. I can't trust that the Packers don't excel on the turf.
    • Thanks. What do you think about the defense? I saw the rankings all have New England high and Atlanta in the middle...but the Patriots defense hasn't done much of anything all year, the Falcons D has about 25 more points than them through 7 weeks
    • Miller, Ware, Hilton and Crabtree. I also really like Jacquizz!
    • I think your lineup is good the way it is, depending on who you're going up against. If you're playing someone where you think you're gonna need to put up big points - I might swap Murray for Gore.