Week 17 – Wide Receiver Rankings
- Updated: December 23, 2013
Pierre Garcon, Eric Decker, and A.J. Green stole the show in Week 16 with wonderful outings. David Nelson and Nate Washington were the top surprises of the week, but neither are quite worthy of a waiver wire pickup, especially if you’ve made it to the championship in your league.
If you are playing for your league championship and yearly bragging rights this week, I wish you the best of luck. I have had a blast this fantasy season, and I hope you have as well.
If you want personalized advice or help with your lineup for Week 17, comment below this article, or contact us in our **Forums/Community** section.
|Rank||Player||Team||Status||Week 17 Opponent||Avg. Points|
1. A.J. Green – Rolling with Mr. Green at the top this week due to the Lions and Browns inconsistency in their passing game, and the fact that the Bengals are still playing for a high playoff seed.
2. Calvin Johnson – Sure, he has been off his game the past few weeks. But it isn’t anything the dreadful Vikings defense can’t fix.
3. Josh Gordon - He manages to continue his amazing play despite constant QB issues. A trip to Pittsburgh isn’t very favorable, but we can’t question his ability anymore.
4. Demaryius Thomas - He has scored in double digits in 8 of his last 9 games in standard leagues.
5. Brandon Marshall – Hopefully the Bears can put last week’s beat down behind them and focus on the Packers. Marshall will need to show up big in this one.
6. Dez Bryant – He will come with plenty of emotion to this game, whether it be good or bad. I expect a big game out of him.
7. Pierre Garcon – Kirk Cousins has done wonders for Garcon’s value. He is a must start in every league.
8. Alshon Jeffery – He’s one of the most talented 2nd year receivers the NFL has ever seen. Hopefully Cutler gives him the opportunities.
9. Antonio Brown – At least 5 catches in every game this season. This train just keeps on rollin’.
10. Keenan Allen – He is becoming a touchdown hog despite the low volume of opportunities. Can he keep it up? I don’t see why not.
11-20. Vincent Jackson has been consistently average over the past few games. I think he will greatly enjoy being in a warm, cozy dome this week. Hard to know what Eric Decker will do each week – either 25 or 5. I like his chances against the Raiders. Julian Edelman has racked up the yards with the best of them. Tom Brady won’t let anyone else have his first round bye – and he will lean on Edelman plenty this week. Jordy Nelson has top 10 talent, but Matt Flynn limits him a ton. Quite frustrating.
21-30. Torrey Smith is hurting due to the Ravens’ struggling offense. An important game this week, but the Bengals D is suffocating at home. Cordarrelle Patterson is getting more and more chances to shine, and he is taking advantage of them. The Lions are an opportunistic matchup for him. Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline aren’t quite start-worthy, but with the Dolphins fighting for a playoff spot, they are sure to give it their all. T.Y. Hilton continues to allow other receivers to steal targets. I don’t think he is quite ready to become a trustworthy go-to target for Andrew Luck.
31-40. Robert Woods has taken advantage of Steve Johnson’s absence as of recent, and should be able to have another decent game this week. Jerrel Jernigan has come out of nowhere to be what seems to look like Eli Manning‘s favorite target at the moment. If you’re bold, Jernigan is a decent flex option this week. Andre Holmes has proven that he wasn’t just a one-week wonder, and may be the Raiders’ best receiver right now.
41-50. These ten spots are littered with guys that you truly shouldn’t be starting in your lineups. However, Griff Whalen has been playing excellent the past two weeks, and has a great matchup this week with the Jaguars. Denarius Moore and Rod Streater aren’t very exciting options, and are losing targets to Andre Holmes. DeAndre Hopkins has been unexciting despite his great raw talent. A meeting with the Titans is a winnable game, so he has a small chance to do something worthwhile.
Latest posts by Addison Witt (see all)
- Funny Johnny Manziel Fantasy Football Team Names - July 19, 2014
- What is Fantasy Football? A Guide for Beginners, How to Play - July 15, 2014
- Preseason Top 50 Wide Receiver Player Rankings - June 3, 2014