Week 16 – Tight End Rankings
- Updated: December 16, 2013
Andrew Quarless had a second consecutive solid outing with 66 yards and a score. Tim Wright made his way back on the map with 82 yards and a TD. Delanie Walker and Zach Ertz were the other bright spots for Week 15.
Week 16 is a Fantasy Championship week for some leagues, and the semi finals for others. Either way, it’s crucial that you start your best option at tight end.
If you want personalized advice or help with your lineup for Week 16, comment below this article, or contact us in our **Forums/Community** section.Andrew Quarless of the Green Bay Packers
Q = Questionable, P = Probable
Note: Opponents are always taken into account when ranking players week to week.
1. Jimmy Graham - Despite a bad game last week, he is still by far the best option at tight end. A tough matchup, but he should bounce back.
2. Julius Thomas - He’s facing the NFL’s worst team in Houston. Peyton Manning should pick them apart, and Thomas will have a hand in it.
3. Vernon Davis - A touchdown in 5 straight games, and a great matchup against a poor Falcons defense.
4. Jason Witten - He has scored two weeks in a row, and faces a weak Redskins defense. Dallas needs a win desperately. No exceptions.
5. Tony Gonzalez - The Falcons offense is picking up pace, but playing in San Francisco is another animal.
6. Greg Olsen – He’s as consistent as it gets. He had 8 catches in the last meeting with the Saints.
8. Antonio Gates – He has struggled a lot recently, but the Raiders defense is not the best, to say it nicely. The Chargers are still in the playoff hunt.
9. Delanie Walker - He’s coming along nicely, and had 62 yards and a TD in his last meeting with the Jaguars.
10. Jordan Cameron – Cameron is out this week with a concussion. Taking his place will be MarQuies Gray.
11-15. Garrett Graham is listed as questionable, but has a good matchup (Denver) this week if he does play. Charles Clay and Coby Fleener disappeared last week. They should bounce back, but if you have a better option, try to stay away from these two. Dennis Pitta had a tough game against the Lions, but they were ranked 3rd best against tight ends. He should see more opportunities this week.
16-20. Andrew Quarless has been great the last two weeks, and if Aaron Rodgers returns this week, that is a big boost to his value. Zach Ertz took advantage of the Eagles abandoning the running game last week. He is a special talent. A favorable matchup this week against the Bears. Jared Cook is a physical specimen, but is still losing targets to Lance Kendricks, which doesn’t help one bit.
Latest posts by Addison Witt (see all)
- Week 1 – Wide Receiver Rankings - August 31, 2014
- Top 200 Player Rankings – PPR and Standard Scoring Settings - August 12, 2014
- Funny Johnny Manziel Fantasy Football Team Names - July 19, 2014