- Best fantasy football podcast 2014
- Underrated offensive lines: How will they affect fantasy football?
- Top 20 rankings at QB, RB, WR and TE
- Fantasy Draft Strategy – 2 Quarterback Leagues
- 2014 Preseason Running Back Rankings
- How to use our 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Guide – Excel version
- What is Fantasy Football? A Guide for Beginners, How to Play
Week 14 – Tight End Rankings
- Updated: December 1, 2013
Ladarius Green scored for the second week in a row, vulturing touchdowns from teammate Antonio Gates. Anthony Fasano scored for the third week in a row, but suffered a concussion in the loss against Denver. His status for Week 14 is currently doubtful.
Zach Ertz found the endzone twice against the Cardinals, and fellow Eagle, Brent Celek, also got in on the fun with a score of his own. Rob Gronkowski continued his stellar play with his fourth straight double digit fantasy point outing.
Dennis Pitta of the Ravens will likely return this week against the Vikings, but he could very well be limited in his action. Kyle Rudolph is unlikely to suit up this week, but if he does, he will most likely share time with John Carlson, who has filled in nicely for Rudolph during his absence. Owen Daniels is unlikely to play this week against the Jaguars, meaning Garrett Graham will continue to see plenty of targets. Jordan Reed should return this week. He sat out last week’s game with a “headache”.
Having trouble deciding which tight end to start for week 14? Our weekly ranking articles are here to assist you.
If you want personalized start/sit/trade/waiver wire advice from our fantasy football analysts (including me!), sign up for a FREE account today in our **Forums/Community** section. Let us help you win your league.
Q = Questionable, P = Probable
Note: Opponents are always taken into account when ranking players week to week.
1. Rob Gronkowski – He has been simply dominant lately. Four straight games with a touchdown and at least 11 standard fantasy points.
2. Jimmy Graham – The Panthers might be the hottest team in the NFL, and their defense is suffocating. Graham will need to come up big in this crucial divisional matchup.
3. Vernon Davis – Three straight games with a touchdown. The 49ers offense is catching fire just in time for the all-important second game against the Seahawks.
4. Julius Thomas – He should return this week from his injured knee. The Titans have an above average defense, but the Broncos haven’t had any issues moving the ball on anyone.
5. Greg Olsen – He has been a huge asset for Cam Newton this year, and he will need to step up big if the Panthers are going to score enough points to hang with the Saints.
6. Tony Gonzalez – The Falcons have a little life left in them after all. The Packers defense was destroyed last week on Thanksgiving.
7. Jason Witten – The Cowboys are in a tight race with the Eagles for the division crown, so every game is critical. Witten has been on and off this year, but is always a great red zone target.
9. Martellus Bennett – Had a dud last week, but Jay Cutler may return this week, so that should boost Bennett’s value a bit.
10. Charles Clay – Seven catches last week for 80 yards. The Steelers defense isn’t what it used to be. Clay has been consistently average.
11-15. Coby Fleener has been one of the lone bright spots of the Colts’ struggling offense. They face a stout Bengals defense, which might spell trouble. Jordan Reed should be back this week, and the Redskins could definitely use his firepower. Jordan Cameron continues to struggle despite having Brandon Weeden back at quarterback. A tough game against the Patriots this week.
16-20. Brent Celek and Zach Ertz both found the endzone last week, but I’ll take my chances with Celek simply because he is first on the depth chart. Brandon Myers found the endzone for the second week in a row, and has a decent matchup against the Chargers this week. In his first meeting against the Cardinals, Jared Cook exploded for 141 yards and 2 touchdowns. While it’s unlikely he will reproduce that output, he could very well exploit the Cardinals secondary once again.
Latest posts by Addison Witt (see all)
- Top 200 Player Rankings – Standard Scoring - August 12, 2014
- Funny Johnny Manziel Fantasy Football Team Names - July 19, 2014
- What is Fantasy Football? A Guide for Beginners, How to Play - July 15, 2014