Before reading the article, be sure to hit the register button up top so you can join in the fantasy football discussion going on in the forums
This draft was conducted August 21st, 2012. Standard PPR scoring from Yahoo, ESPN, and CBSSports.com was used. All picks were made by fellow fantasy football players from across the country.
This article shows my team results, if you would like to see the draft board for all 15 rounds, please click here
I had the 4th pick in this PPR Mock Draft. Included with the pick is the number of receptions we are projecting for each player, then you will understand why I picked some of the sleeper RB’s that I did.
QB – Matt Ryan
WR – Calvin Johnson (89)
WR – Julio Jones (92)
WR – Dez Bryant (85)
RB – Darren Sproles (71)
RB – C.J. Spiller (40)
FLEX (WR/TE) – Roy Helu (53)
TE – Jason Witten (90)
K – Dan Bailey
DEF – Green Bay Defense
B – Pierre Garcon (80)
B – Jacquizz Rodgers (24)
B – Pierre Thomas (44)
B – Matt Flynn
B – Kendall Hunter (36)
News and notes from this draft
- Incredibly, I was able to land our top 3 projected WR’s for 2012. Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones and Dez Bryant. If that threesome doesn’t dominate a PPR league, I don’t know what will.
- Pierre Garcon is slated for our bench with 80 receptions, chances are he would start in the flex spot
- The backup RB’s that I targeted (Rodgers, Thomas, Helu, and Hunter) all catch the ball out of the backfield well, and would be able to increase their point totals thanks to the PPR format
- C.J. Spiller could end up being a pretty decent back in PPR formats as a large majority of his touches will be receptions, with Jackson handling the primary RB duties.
- Jason Witten is projected to have 90 receptions this year (As many as Graham and Gronk), even though he won’t score as many TD’s, he should still be a top 5 TE in PPR leagues.
- I can’t stress enough, use the final 2 rounds to pick your K/DEF. The other rounds should be used on sleeper picks that could have breakout seasons. There isn’t enough of a points differential between #1 K and the #12 K to warrant an early round pick.
That is it for today’s mock draft, if you want to see the complete mock draft results please click here