- Best fantasy football podcast 2014
- Underrated offensive lines: How will they affect fantasy football?
- Top 20 rankings at QB, RB, WR and TE
- Fantasy Draft Strategy – 2 Quarterback Leagues
- 2014 Preseason Running Back Rankings
- How to use our 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Guide – Excel version
- What is Fantasy Football? A Guide for Beginners, How to Play
Second Half Fantasy Baseball Draft Rankings and Results – July 2013
- Updated: July 18, 2013
The All-Star game has been completed, Mr. Cespedes won the HR derby, and we are firmly on our way into the dog days of summer. So what is a fantasy baseball owner to do? Well in my world, we conduct a second half redraft (which has been adopted by a number of our readers). Basically, we separate the baseball season into 2 halves, pay out the first half winners at the all-star break, and draft a new lineup for the second half.
These are the results of the second half re-draft that my league recently completed (July 17th, 2013). Please keep in mind these are not my personal rankings, simply the results from out draft, but the beauty in seeing live draft results is you can see real world evidence of how your fellow owners are valuing players for the second half of the season.
Here are a few notes about our league to put these rankings and results into context:
1. We keep 2 players from our first half rosters (First 24 picks). This would explain why you will see guys like Ian Desmond in the top 24, he was the best available (healthy) option to that owner.
2. We play for pretty decent money. Viewing draft results from free or just for fun leagues could skew the evidence, every owner in this league is invested in making what they believe to be the correct decision.
3. Our rosters start 3 SP and 2 Closers per week. The RP spot can only be occupied by an actual reliever, and not a pitcher who is projected to start, so there is a premium on closers, while the 3 SP spots means reduced value for pitchers.
I didn’t have time to accurately fill out all player’s position eligibility while charting the results of the live draft. For many players I simply tried to put in one of the many positions they play.
Fantasy Baseball 2013 – Second Half Draft Rankings and Results
Thanks for checking us out, head over to the forums to chat with the community about fantasy baseball
Latest posts by K J (see all)
- Best fantasy football podcast 2014 - August 18, 2014
- Top 20 rankings at QB, RB, WR and TE - August 15, 2014
- Daily fantasy baseball picks for Draftster – 8/13/14 - August 13, 2014