- Best fantasy football podcast 2014
- Underrated offensive lines: How will they affect fantasy football?
- Top 20 rankings at QB, RB, WR and TE (August 15th, 2014)
- Fantasy Draft Strategy – 2 Quarterback Leagues
- 2014 Preseason Running Back Rankings
- How to use our 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Guide – Excel version
- What is Fantasy Football? A Guide for Beginners, How to Play
12 team mock draft analysis
- Updated: June 11, 2013
Here are the results from a mock draft I did on June 10th 2013. It was a twelve team league with standard scoring.
I had the 2nd overall pick, and here are my selections by round
Round 1: Arian Foster (RB1)- Logical pick after Peterson went number 1. Foster was ranked number two in my running back rankings last week, and I followed my own advice.
Round 2: Tom Brady (QB): I believe it was a really good value to get Brady at 23. Aaron Rodgers went number three overall in this draft so I felt like I might need to get a quarterback early in this draft.
Round 3: Percy Harvin (WR1)- I think Harvin is going to have a great year in Seattle this year, and I feel very comfortable with him as my number one in a 12 team league.
Round 4: Reggie Wayne (WR2)- Wayne is solid number two receiver in a twelve team league.
Round 5: Steve Smith (WR3)- I think Smith would start the season at the flex position for this team.
Round 6: BenJarvus Green-Ellis (RB2)- At this point I needed to draft a running back before it got even uglier.
Round 7: Rashard Mendenhall (RB3)- I really don’t like Mendenhall but I felt like I needed running backs.
Round 8: Dennis Pitta (TE)
Round 9: Lance Moore (WR4)
Round 10: Ben Tate (RB4)- Handcuff to Foster
Round 11: DeAndre Hopkins (WR5)
Round 12: Andy Dalton (QB2): I like Dalton as a solid bye week fill in for Brady.
Round 13: Ronnie Hillman (RB5)
Round 14: Brian Hartline (WR6)
Round 15: Dan Bailey (K)
Round 16: Cowboys D/ST: For the most part I always draft my kicker and defense last.
Overall I am not overjoyed with this team. This was the first mock draft I did this year and I noticed that running back gets ugly fast. If I were to do this draft again I would pick a running back earlier rather than drafting three wide receivers in a row. In this draft I believe that quarterbacks for the most part went higher than they were ranked. In the comments put what you think about this team, and if you have any questions also put them in the comment section.
If you missed my rankings here are the links
running back: http://fantasyteamadvice.com/2013-fantasy-football-rankings-running/
Latest posts by Jesse Schwartz (see all)
- What surprising fantasy players will continue to have sucess in 2015? - August 18, 2014
- What surprises will remain top 15 options for fantasy baseball 2015? - August 10, 2014
- Fantasy Baseball News: Cole Hamels Claimed Off Waivers - August 6, 2014